SMAC Releases Single Axis Servo Controller Starting at $200
Carlsbad, California, June 05, 2019 – SMAC Moving Coil Actuators has announced release of their next generation Very Low Cost (VLC) single axis DC brushed/brushless motor controller/driver. With a price of $250 for stand-alone ($200 for built in types), the VLC represents another 35% drop in price compared to the company’s previous controllers with no loss in features/functionality. This enables SMAC to compete with older technology such as pneumatic cylinders and electric ball screws and attract new OEM applications.
SMAC’s VLC product line is designed and built by SMAC in the United States. Since SMAC controls the development, it can adjust the product to specific design and market/customer needs. These efficiencies result in a considerable cost-savings to the end customer.
The VLC – with its compact size and flexible shape capability – can be easily added to virtually all SMAC actuators. This is important because of the trend to combine actuators with controllers which eliminates cables and the need for space in control cabinets on machines.
- Enables direct control features with the built-in version.
- A built-in controller to the actuator eliminates connection failures.
- Same programming language as LAC1, using free programming software.
- Very compact with 3 amp continuous and 6 amp peak driver (24/48 volts DC).
- Physical shape can be adjusted to fit specific space limitations. (MCA built inside versions already use this feature.)
- Expanded versions coming soon to include built-in Ethernet interfaces (EIP/ECat), expanded I/O, and adding a 2nd axis (grippers, linear/rotators control).
SMAC Moving Coil Actuators offer true “mechatronic solutions.” By that they mean their actuators have unique capabilities such as programmable and controllable position, velocity, and force, high accelerations, cycle life well over 100M, and a patent-pending “Soft-Land” capability. The Soft-Land capability is particularly useful when performing fragile part assembly, measurement, moving objects, etc. Real time feedback of these motion attributes enables proof that the work is done (i.e., direct quality feedback).
SMAC Corporation, UK. Tel: +44 (1293) 520147. Email: email@example.com