SCARA Robot for Simple Applications
Epson’s all-in-one T-Series addresses need for a cost-effective and easy-to-use automation solution.
SCARA robot for simple applications
At the PACK EXPO held in September at Las Vegas, Epson Robots announced the expansion of its line of industrial SCARA robots with the new T-Series All-in-One robots with built-in controller – a new technology feature which reduces space requirements and simplifies setup. The T3, the first product in the T-Series, offers a cost-effective and simple-to-integrate and install automation solution for simple applications such as pick and place, assembly, parts handling and dispensing applications in industries ranging from automotive and medical development, to lab automation, consumer electronics, electronic components and industrial.
“Our T3 is a powerful, low-cost automation solution designed for easy integration, which helps lower the total cost of ownership versus current products for manufacturers and system integrators,” said Gregg Brunnick, director of product management for Epson Robots. “It is ideal for customers looking to automate their factories without wasting time or money on complex slide-based solutions. Since it includes the same intuitive software and powerful features we incorporate in our high-end robots, we are giving users both the power and simplicity required for their applications.”
The T3 is a next generation technology robot featuring a built-in controller (conveniently housed in the robot’s base), runs at 110 V or 220 V and requires no battery, reducing factory downtime for maintenance. This compact, lightweight, space-saving robot helps to significantly reduce the total cost of installation and integration for factory automation projects, is ideal for simple applications, and is more cost-effective than current solutions, which use multi-axis linear slides.
Adds Brunnick, “With our robot solutions, users don’t have to worry about performance or cost and can maximise productivity. The feedback from many of our key customers, including manufacturers and system integrators, has been extremely positive, with some already moving to replace slide-based systems with our new T3 All-in-One.”
- Efficient operation — fits seamlessly into an automation workflow; requires less time and money for system integration than most other solutions
- Easy to install — installs in minutes, unlike complex linear slide-based systems
- Integrated vision guidance option — designed specifically for robot guidance; makes it easy to automate simple applications when vision is required
- Built-in controller — saves critical workspace with the controller conveniently housed in the robot’s base
- Wide variety of integrated options — Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, DeviceNet, PROFIBUS, PROFINET, and CC-Link fieldbus interfaces are all supported, as well as GUI Builder and other integrated options to help reduce total development time
- Small and lightweight — All-in-One solution; takes up less space than linear-slide solutions, while providing a large work envelope, and
- No battery required for encoder — minimizes downtime and reduces overall cost of ownership.
Epson’s existing lineup of 3kg payload industrial SCARA robots includes the G-Series, RS-Series, and LS-Series. The G-Series robots have an established reputation for speed, precision, and low vibration, the RS-Series robots are mounted overhead and provide maximum work envelope usage with their unique arm design, and the LS-Series robots offer high performance at a low cost. With the addition of the T-Series, which offers simple setup, outstanding usability, and competitive
© 2017 IED All right reserved.