Vessels and Air Traffic Management System
How SWTPL designed a wireless communication system for Vessels and Air Traffic Management System (VATMS) for a company in oil and gas sector in India.
Sheetal Wireless Technologies Pvt Ltd
Wireless solution provider for data, voice and video transmission, has recently designed a wireless communication system for Vessels and Air Traffic Management System (VATMS) for a company in oil and
Pune based Sheetal Wireless Technologies Private Limited (SWTPL), a wireless solution provider for data, voice and video transmission, has recently designed a wireless communication system for Vessels and Air Traffic Management System (VATMS) for a company in oil and gas sector in India.
The brief was to design, install and commission a wireless network between onshore oil & gas terminal and offshore well-head platforms for VATMS.
To establish high speed wireless communication from main CCR at onshore terminal with offshore platforms for monitoring the movements of vessels and air traffic surrounding the offshore platforms, covering the whole zone.
- License free 5.8 GHz frequency band is to be used
- Average 15 to 20 Mbps throughput for every link
- Different IP network for Radio Modem, Radar Controller and AIS Controller is to be used for each offshore platform
- Each remote platform VATMS data is to be controlled and monitored using a single wireless link
- Voice communication using IP based telephone
- Whole network is to be managed and data transfer is to be controlled by Layer-III Managed Switches
- Installation of radio equipment will be in hazardous and offshore environment
- Longest link distance: 25 km
- Total spread of network: Eastern Coast of India
- Wireless link should be able to work in a harsh marine environment, and
- Hardware and accessories are to be selected to ensure reliability of 99.99%+.
SWTPL provided wireless communication solution for the company on the eastern coast, covering all east coast zone well-head oil and gas platforms for VATMS application. All the data is being transmitted via wireless network at Indian Navy’s Vishakhapatnam Control Station for monitoring purpose.
Benefits of RF Solution
- Complexity of submarine cable work has been avoided
- For communication between Onshore Terminal and Offshore platforms, over a distance of 25 km, hassle free wireless communication is the best option and works as a backbone for the monitoring of VATMS system
- All the diagnosis will be monitored at CCR through wireless network through NMS
- This saves expenses over visits to platform for troubleshooting
- Wireless network also gives control and access of radar and AIS located on the offshore platforms
- Low maintenance cost and easy to troubleshoot, and
- Saves man-hours and reduces cost.
System commissioned and successfully handed over to the user. It is fully operational since last 4 years, with system availability of more than 99.99% as on date.
SWTPL has provided a trustworthy and reliable wireless system to a customer in Oil & Gas sector.
Sheetal Wireless Technologies Pvt Ltd (SWTPL), an ISO 9001: 2008 company, is operational in the field of Wireless Communication for the past twenty two years. The company provides trusted wireless solutions for voice, data, video and remote control of factory cranes. It has maintained a well planned course of horizontal expansion and growth over the years.
SWTPL provides total solutions for wireless communication systems including Analogue/Digital Data Radios, Wi-Fi Radios, GSM/GPRS Modems for SMS based communication and GPRS based data transfer, VSAT systems, Radio Remote Controls for industrial EOT cranes and Wireless Gateways, etc.
SWTPL has been implementing various mission critical projects in industrial automation field and SCADA and Telemetry field pan India as well as overseas. The company puts emphasis on providing customised solutions rather than just distributing the products.
© 2017 IED All right reserved.